Friday 25 March 2011

Media Evaluation - Task 7


7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?





This is my prezi which annotates what I have learnt from both tasks. In my opinion, I learnt more from this task than I did in the school magazine task. This is because there was a lot more to do which meant I needed to use a lot more technology. I used: Photoshop, Prezi, Flickr, Blogger, an SLR camera, Picasa and paint. I haven't used all of these things before so I had to teach myself how to use various types of ICT technology. For example, this is the first time I have used Prezi so I had to experiment before I got the end result. Also, I haven't used Flickr before and learnt by watching the tutorial which helped me alot when annotating my three peices. This meant I could use a wide range of ICT technology. I learnt even more skills by using Photoshop all of the time when creating my drafts, editing photos and doing my final peices. In my preliminary task, I only knew the basics of Photoshop so I was limited to what I could do. This time however, I experimented and improved a lot.

I feel as if learning all these new skills was important for my finished pieces because it meant I could create them to the best of my ability. I needed to make my final versions look professional to attract my target audience as much as possible. I made my drafts first and then my final versions were improved from this. I also asked people what they thought using Facebook and in person. I took note of the feedback I got (published in another post).

No comments:

Post a Comment