Thursday 24 March 2011

Media Evaluation - Task 3

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?




 I uploaded these three pieces of my magazine onto 'Picasa' and printscreened them. I think that my media product would be distributed by and institution such as 'IPC Media'. I think this because they distribute/publish indie magazines such as 'NME' and Uncut which fit in with my magazine. I aimed to make my magazine a cross between 'smash hits' and 'NME'. Although I didn't target the 'pop music audience' or suggest that genre in my magazine, I wanted to make the colour scheme similar. For example I used bright colours whereas inide magazines tend to use simple colours such as White, Red, Black and Grey. However, 'Bauer' would have been a good publisher to choose to distribute my magazine because they published 'Kerrang' and own '4music', 'smash hits' and 'KissTv'. The main reason why I would chose 'IPC' is because no other magazine of which they publish seems to be a cross between 'smash hits' and 'NME' which is what I feel mine is closest to. Therefore, there would be a gap in the market so it is a good oppourtunity for my magazine to make them money.

No comments:

Post a Comment