Thursday 24 March 2011

Media Evaluation - Task 2

2: How does your media product represent particular social groups?




I chose to compare this photo of 'Pink' to my own photo of myself to show how my product represents social groups. The images are both quite similar in the sense that they are natural images. Neither one of these images look as if they have been posed/staged, they both have photos of the same expression (someone laughing.) However, these photos are also very different because of the two different types of camera shots; one is a close-up and the other is a long-shot. Both characters are also similar in music genres. 'Pink' does alot of indie/rock, but she also does soft indie too which is the genre of which my character is working with. The two images are different in personal appearence too, one has short blonde hair, the other has long brown hair. 'Pink' also makes herself look very 'punky' with the peircings on her face whereas my photo shows a more 'girly' girl. Both of these people attract similar target audiences through their genre of music. However, 'Pink' goes for a more of a rock style of Indie, whereas my character was more 'soft' indie.



No comments:

Post a Comment