Monday 6 December 2010

Magazine Questionnaire Evaluation


I asked 21 students at the ages of 16-18 a questionnaire on magazines. The results that I gathered from this questionnaire were diverse and I asked a wide range of people to get reliable results. The first question I asked was: ‘Which genre of magazine do you read’? I found that the most popular genre of magazine to read was fashion & beauty and gossip. These answers only got four votes. However, I also gave them the option to pick ‘none’ which got five votes leading overall.

The second question I asked was ‘what features do you like to see in a magazine’? I found that the most popular feature to be in a magazine was pictures/photos and interviews. Pictures/photos gathered the most votes. I think this is because the genre which was picked the most was fashion & beauty magazines which always consist of lots of photos and pictures. Also, gossip magazines have a lot of photos of celebrities and famous places etc. This helped me a lot because I now know people like to have photos/pictures in their magazines so I can please the target audience.

The third question I asked was ‘what features do you not like to see in a magazine’? I found that the most popular with 13 votes to not be involved in a magazine, was advertisements. I think people chose this the most because advertisements are not what they pay for in a magazine. Also, everyone who answered the second question didn’t choose advertisement as a feature to be included. This shows that advertisements would be a waste of time and space in my magazine because no one wants to see them in there.

The next question I asked was ‘do you read the school magazine’? And the majority of people answered no. And their reasons being were because they had no interest in it at all. This was one of two of the reasons and it got the most answers. I think they chose this because they believe everything in the school magazine would be about school. An eye-catching front cover would change their opinion on this. I also gave the yes option. However the reasons for them saying yes are either because of boredom or because the magazine is free. Those who I asked, their perspective on the school magazine are not very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment