Monday 24 January 2011

RESEARCH: Questionnaire

Questionnaire:

List three genres you would like to read about in a music magazine:
1.
2.
3.

What ratio of Images : Text would you prefer?
50:50
40:60
20:80
30:70

What is you age group?
13-15
16-18
19-21
22-40
40+

Would you prefer to read about upcoming new artists or recent mainstream artists?
NEW and upcoming
Mainstream

What catches you eyes more in a magazine?
The bright colours
Professional images
Clip art
The amount of text
Advertisements
Freebies

What magazines do you usually read?
Heat
Vogue
NME
Nuts
442
Loaded
Take a break
Other_____________
None

What is the most you’d be willing to pay for a Music Magazine?
50p - £1.50
£2.00 - £3.00
£4.00 - £5.00
Other____________

Would you like to read about talent from around the world or just UK based artists? 
UK
Worldwide


How often do you read a magazine?
Always
Often
Hardly
Never

Do you receive any money?
I work
Weekly income from EMA
Parents


Other (Please Specify)_______


I asked 16-18 year olds the above questions. From this questionnaire I found that the genres of magazines that most students in the sixth form would like to read are: RnB, Indie and Rap music. Also, the ratio of images to text they would prefer is 60:40. I asked a few of the students why and they said that it is not very interesting to open a page in a magazine just full of words and they like to read magazines to read and look at and not for study. Most of the people I asked would prefer to read about upcoming new artists rather than recent mainstream artists which is why I wrote my interview in my double page spread about a 'new artist' not worldwide, but in the UK mainly.

I also found people find bright colours and professional images the most eye-catching in a magazine. So for my front page, I have included bright colours and professional images. I Asked a balance of boys and girls and the results of the magazines most read were: Heat and NME. I also asked about price, the results found that people would be willing to spend an average of £2.00 - £3.00 on a magazine as they will only read it once and will not keep it forever so anymore money seems unnessasary. The average income of these students was from EMA so they wouldnt have much money to spend on a magazine (unlike the students with jobs).

1 comment:

  1. You have included your questionaire but you need to go into greater detail and explain how your analysis of these has informed your ideas further and what will be used in your own magazine.

    ReplyDelete